2020 was quite an eventful year. With the pandemic, many people lost their jobs and businesses folded. This has forced many to look to the internet as an alternative means to make money in this new year, 2021. Thankfully, the internet provides quite a good number of ways to make money through various platforms. In this post, I will be sharing with you 10 business ideas to start making money on the internet today and be on your way to financial freedom.
How to make money online in Nigeria in 2021
1. Dropshipping – Dropshipping is a simple ecommerce business model which allows individuals act as middlemen between suppliers and customers. In the dropshipping business, a dropshipper simply markets products for sale on an ecommerce platform without actually having the physical product. When a customer orders that product, the individual then collects payment for the products from customers and orders from his supplier who directly ships the product to the customer.
2. Dropservicing – Dropservicing is quite similar to dropshipping and is currently becoming popular. Just like in dropshipping, you act as a middleman between a client who requires a service and the person doing the service. All you need to do is to market those services on a platform and when a client pays for the service you can then find someone to do the job for you at a cheaper price. There are tons of services you can offer through dropservicing like selling blog posts, social media management, graphic design, video editing, photography and freelance writing for companies e.t.c. You can setup a website where your prospective clients can find you conveniently and you can find people to outsource your services to on popular platforms like Fiverr, Upwork and Freelancer.com.
3. Affiliate Marketing – Affiliate marketing is simply getting paid a commission for promoting an online retailer’s product and driving traffic or sales to the individuals or company’s website. If you are a blogger or a website owner all you need to do is to embed a link in your blog posts or website. The link usually will be given to you by the product owner or company once you have successfully signed up as an affiliate marketer for the company’s products. Whenever the link is accessed via your website or blog, you will be paid for driving that traffic. It is advisable to always market only products you like or trust on your blog or website to promote customer trust. Pretty easy isn’t it!
4. Selling Items On Jumia , Konga or Jiji – Becoming a vendor on Jumia on Konga is quite straight forward. All you need is to make sure you have your physical products. Once that is settled you can easily log onto their individual websites to sign up as a seller following the easy three step guides provided on the websites.
5. Selling on Instagram or Facebook – Getting your products in front of many potential customers has never been easier. Thank you Mark Zuckerberg! If you already have an offline business and you are looking to expand customer reach and increase sales or you are a newbie looking to start up a business using the internet as you main means of reaching customers, then social media is your best bet. Instagram and Facebook support businesses and allow you showcase your product pictures, state your prices, showcase customer reviews and even provide directions to your offline shop. Facebook ads and Instagram sponsored ads can also help you advertise your product on social media for an affordable price.
6. Creating Content on Youtube – If you have an interesting personality or a skill you can teach or a talent you can share with others, you create a Youtube channel, make videos of yourself and upload. Youtube is a good way to generate passive income if you are committed to making and uploading quality content frequently. To monetize your Youtube channel and start earning you must have at least 1000 subscribers and about 4000 watch hours. Basically, be ready to work hard to grow your channel.
7. Selling Information Products – If you are skilled or have useful information that you think people will be willing to pay for, you can try selling information products either in the form of downloadable video and audio Files or ebooks. Your can sell information on literally any topic including; how to cook various recipes, how to sew, how to trade forex, how to apply for scholarships to schools abroad, anything… really.
8. Freelancing – Freelancing is another way to make a quick buck off the internet. Freelancing websites like Upwork and Fiverr provide a platform for Nigerian freelancers to meet clients. All you have to do is sign up. If you have good writing skills, or technical skills like graphic design, video editing, animation and backlinking e.t.c, then freelancing may be for you.
9. Influencer – It seems like every one on social media in Nigeria is an Influencer these days, but there is good reason for it. Despite the popularity of Influencers presently, there are still many untapped niches in the Influencer sphere in Nigeria. Being able to build a successful brand as an influencer on social media has many perks. You get paid to give your honest opinion of products and services and even more, you get free stuff.
10. Trading Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies and Forex – Trading bitcoin and other foreign currencies online is a good way to make money online if you know how to trade properly. Brush up your trading skills by doing research on google and watching tutorial videos on youtube. A good platform to start your Forex trading is Paxful.com.
Now you have gotten some ideas of businesses to do online and start earning money in this 2021. All you need do is to take some action. Making money online requires smart thinking and consistency. All the best in your money making endeavors. May this new year prosper us all!